The Bonjour! Awards for Excellence in French-language Services recognize the contributions of departments, offices and agencies to the development and delivery of French-language programs and services that reflect the needs of Nova Scotia’s Acadian and francophone community.
Who is eligible for nomination?
Nominations may be submitted for an individual or a group of government employees in an eligible department, office or agency that provides services in French. Eligible departments, offices or agencies are the designated public institutions as named in the French-language Services Regulations. Acadian Affairs staff and French-language services coordinators are not eligible for nomination.
Who can submit a nomination?
Members of the public and government employees may submit nominations for all three categories: Excellence in Service Delivery to the Public, Excellence in Leadership, and Excellence in Program Development.
What are the nomination categories?
- Excellence in Service Delivery to the Public
This category recognizes an individual or group who has provided exemplary service in French. The individual or group actively offers to serve clients in French and strives to provide quality services in French.
- Excellence in Leadership
This category recognizes an individual or group who, through outstanding leadership, has advanced French-language services in their department, office or agency.
- Excellence in Program Development
This category recognizes an individual or group who has contributed to developing and improving a program in French which reflects the needs of the Acadian and francophone community.
How to submit a nomination
Nominations for the 2015–2016 Bonjour! Awards will be accepted in fall 2015
Nominations may be submitted by:
- Mailed nomination form: A return postage-paid form can be mailed to you on request. Contact Acadian Affairs by telephone (902) 424-0497, toll free 1-866-382-5811 or email email@example.com, Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Should I fill out the nomination form in English or French?
Nomination forms may be filled out in either English or French. The language in which the nomination form is received will not affect how the nomination form is evaluated.
How are the recipients chosen?
The nominee’s evaluation will be solely based on the information contained on the nomination form. Recipients are chosen by a selection committee which will be comprised of:
- A representative from the Acadian and francophone community named by the FANE
- A representative from the government of Nova Scotia named by the Committee of Deputy Ministers and Acadian Affairs on the Implementation of the French-language Services Act
- A representative from Canadian Heritage
- A representative from the French-language Services Coordinating Committee
- A staff member from Acadian Affairs who will serve as a facilitator (non-voting member)
How are successful nominees recognized?
Successful nominees will be formally recognized at the Bonjour! Awards for French-language Services ceremony.